Friday, October 9, 2026

[ REVIEW ] HADA LABO SHIROJYUN ULTIMATE WHITENING CREAM

Friday, October 9, 2026


 

A brightening face cream suitable for all skin types, as it contains no fragrances, colorants, or alcohol.
But is it really true that a single product can brighten your skin and fade dark spots?

 

Another review in today's post!

I once shared reviews of other Hada Labo products (ages ago), which you can check out here. Personally, I love this brand because of their 'simple' concept. There are no added fragrances, colorants, or alcohol. Plus, their star ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which my skin loves.

Hada Labo has a few product lines—not a huge number, though. As far as I know, there are four series for different skin needs and concerns. I really got along well with the Gokujyun line previously, so I thought I’d like to try the Shirojyun series as well. Especially, their whitening (night) cream.

In case you didn't know, the Gokujyun line focuses primarily on intensively boosting skin hydration. Meanwhile, the Shirojyun line is designed to brighten dull skin and fade dark spots. Both contain Hyaluronic Acid, but the Shirojyun series is also formulated with other key ingredients: Arbutin and Vitamin C.

Alright then, scroll down to see if this night cream delivers maximum results for my skin!

 

 

Product:

Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening Cream

Brand:

HADA LABO

Type:

Night Cream

Price:

around 6 USD

Weight:

40 gr

Claims:

Contains arbutin, Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid fade dark spots and brighten the skin, reawaken the appearance of dull skin, leaving the skin feels soft & supple.

 

 

PACKAGING


 

The "simple ingredients" concept extends all the way to the packaging. Yes, just like you can see in the photo: a dark blue jar with a white lid. Classic, yet professional-looking. It also came with an outer box featuring product details and information (sorry, I didn't take a photo of it).

The jar itself is made of plastic, which reflects the product's affordable price point. However, I appreciate that the material is quite thick and sturdy. They also place a film between the jar and the lid to ensure the product is hygienic (again, I didn't take a photo of it—sorry).

Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a spatula. But that's not a big deal, considering the price is quite low. Still, it would have been better if a spatula were included, haha.

 

 

SCENT

Hada Labo products do not contain any added fragrance, making them gentler on sensitive skin and noses. As for the scent, they just smell like standard skincare products. If you’ve tried other Hada Labo products, the scent is similar. From the facial cleanser to the toner, they generally all smell the same.

Even though it’s fragrance-free, this product doesn’t have a harsh chemical smell. The scent is actually quite mild, so it won’t be bothersome to anyone.

 

 

COLOR


 

In addition to the claim that it contains no added fragrance, Hada Labo Shirojyun Ultimate Whitening Cream does not use artificial colorants either. So, yeah, the cream's color is authentic and typical of skincare products in general—a solid white.

Although it has a solid color, this night cream quickly turns transparent when blended into the skin. It leaves neither a white cast nor a tone-up effect, so you don't need to worry about any residue. 

 

 

TEXTURE


 

This product has a slightly thicker texture than I expected. Personally, I don't really mind, since it is a night cream applied before bed. However, I’m sure some people might prefer something lighter.

Anyway, the product feels smooth and doesn't clump at all during application. It has a sort of jelly-like, slightly slippery feel.

Actually, this night cream isn't greasy on my face. Unfortunately, due to its thickness, it feels a bit sticky. I’ve waited minutes for the product to absorb completely, but it seems to just 'sit' on top of my skin. Even though this is an affordable drugstore product, honestly, I expected better.

 

 

RESULT


 

After falling asleep, I didn't feel any discomfort on my face, hence I could tolerate the slight thickness and stickiness of this night cream. Surprisingly, when I woke up in the morning, my face didn't look dull or greasy. Yes, it looked shiny, but that’s normal given my oily skin type.

This night cream works well to moisturize my oily skin. I wake up with skin that is nicely hydrated and supple. If asked whether it makes my skin oilier, the answer is no. However, it doesn't help control oil either— that isn't its job, though.

I’ve been using this product regularly for over two weeks. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any significant changes that match the product's claims. It really only manages to hydrate and moisturize. As for brightening the skin, it falls far short of that. And fading dark spots or hyperpigmentation? Well, that’s completely out of the question.

The good news is that my sensitive skin didn't show any adverse reactions to this product. As I mentioned, the Hada Labo Shirojyun line doesn't contain fragrances, colorants, or alcohol. That’s why their products are gentler on all skin types.

I know that brightening the complexion—especially fading dark spots—isn't something that happens overnight, particularly when relying on just a single product. I think it’s a good idea to try the entire Hada Labo Shirojyun range to achieve the best possible brightening results.

Personally, I might consider trying their Shirojyun premium serum and toner, but not anytime soon. Right now, I need to focus on strengthening my skin barrier. And if I had to rate them, the Gokujyun series edges out the Shirojyun line by a point.



THANK YOU FOR READING!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!



Instagram   ׀׀   Youtube   ׀׀   X   ׀׀   Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment because I do love reading every comment of yours. But please, do not spam;)
Thank you for visiting my blog. Hope you enjoy it^^

SAYCINTYA Beauty and Fashion Blog © 2014